1. All goods, materials, products purchased and supplied by the company will remain the property of the company until payment has been received and cleared in full.
2. Payment must be made on completion of the work. Cheques are not accepted unless prior arrangement has been made in writing. EPP (Easy Payment Plan) interest free credit must be arranged prior to the installation date and must be approved in advance. [See section 18].
3. All goods that are deemed energy efficient or are ancillary to preserving the energy efficiency of a property are subject to VAT at a rate of 5% any goods not related to the above are subject to 20% VAT
4. A quote is a fixed price for the work required unless additional work is required or added to as the work commences or unforeseen problems occurred that could not possibly have been seen or predicted before work commenced. We do not give estimates as this is a guide to the price of the work required; it may not be identical to the final invoice due to more materials required or unforeseen labour charges.
10-year guarantee includes:
• Loft Flooring Panels
• Loft Flooring Sub-Frame
• Timber Wall & Ceiling Stud Work
• Loft Ladders (metal or timber)
• Loft Hatches
• Loft Insulation
1-year guarantee includes:
• Electrical Installation
• Electrical Components (excluding bulbs) All Fixed lighting, switches, extractor fans & Smoke alarms
• Roof Windows
This guarantee excludes any post installation work (carpets, paint, furniture etc.) or consumable items e.g. bulbs
This guarantee is in addition to the 1-year manufacturer parts only guarantee.
6. Goods are covered under their original manufacturers guarantee unless otherwise stated on the 10-year guarantee issued.
7. Goods that the company have not purchased will not be covered by the company guarantee for parts or labour. Faulty or replacements items of this kind must be made directly with the company you purchased them from and any labour involved in replacing these items will be subject to labour charges at our normal hourly rates of £45 per hour part or full.
If you do discover any issues with your loft storage solution please call us immediately and let us know. Most issues can be solved over the phone, but if we cannot do that then we will assign one of our fitters to come and take a look.
Please understand that we are constantly very busy, and we cannot give an immediate response, but we will make sure we can fit you in at your convenience but please allow time to match this when one our fitters is local to you.
To make a claim within the 10 or 1 guarantee period you will require proof of purchase or proof of guarantee. This guarantee can only be used for the installation address named on the receipt or on our records. It is not transferable to another property but can be transferred to the property’s new owner. You cannot remove and reinstall the system yourself in another property the guarantee will be void. This guarantee will not cover any alteration to the original specification according to our surveyor’s report and quote given. If you add your own extension, parts or alter any of the original equipment, then this will void your guarantee. Meaning attempts to alter or modify the original installation. All repairs under guarantee must be carried out by a UKLB approved installer assigned to you by or customer service team.
8. Installation Time may be over estimated to make sure the installers have enough time to carry out the work. if an install is completed ahead of schedule this does not affect the final price.
9. The definition of completion means all the work listed in the original quote has been completed.
10. This does not include snagging lists or time to collate a snagging list, this is covered under the guarantee.
11. Monies cannot be held back pending a snagging list, payment must still be made in full.
12. Delays caused by issues out of the company’s control, for example (Goods NOT purchased by the company that arrive faulty or damaged) the company cannot be held responsible for these issues and any further labour charges will apply as a result of downtime or not being able to complete the work on time or any overtime that maybe required to complete this work will also apply.
13. Snagging lists must be discussed with the installers at the end of the completion day, you will be required to inspect the work personally, so you must be present.
14. Future snagging lists will be covered under the company guarantee.
15. If goods are to be made bespoke and special order in advance which cannot be returned without expense or not returned at all, a deposit may be required before work commences, this will be for initial purchase of goods / services required.
16. A deposit is non-refundable, and the balance will be required on completion (See completion terms above).
17. Special order goods or bespoke made goods cannot be refunded after deposit has been paid.
18. No deposit is required for standard loft storage work where there is no special requirements.
19. Payment for goods and services provided must be on the completion day.
20. Payment can be made by cash or credit** / debit card, bank transfer, online banking or pre-arranged EPP (Easy Payment Plan) Interest free credit.
(**American Express is not currently accepted)
Payments can be made 24 hours 365 days a week by using the customer portal please log in to https://portal.uklb.co.uk/
21. Cheques are not accepted. No invoicing periods are available.
22. If an item is damaged in your home by our installers, we do have insurance for such events. We may offer to rectify the damage ourselves which we should be given the chance to do so initially.
23. If liability is not accepted or admitted then our insurance company will be able to mediate.
24. In any case the company must be given written notification and allowed time to communicate with relevant parties involved to help rectify or provide a solution to the issue raised, this may take some time to gather all information required and must be allowed.
25. If we feel that we can rectify the issues raised you should allow the company to attend within a reasonable timescale and to do a report or evaluation of said issues.
26. If we cannot rectify the issues ourselves, we will raise the issue with our insurance company, so we can conclude matters.
27. Whilst any disputes regarding damage are in place outstanding money must be paid in full (Not held back) If this has nothing to do with the work to be paid for.
28. If you have a complaint the best option is to give the office a call on 0800 8799967 or email us directly at email@example.com
Holding payments back for other reasons when the job has been completed will only delay matters further.
29. We will provide protective coverings for the areas we are working in to help protect the carpets, flooring and furnishings from dust and dirt.
30. We cannot guarantee that some dust or dirt will not get into areas we couldn't protect or areas that we were unaware of that it would affect.
31. It is the customer’s responsibility to make sure any other areas are covered and protected with dust sheets so that carpets, ornaments and anything that could be damaged is removed and cleared from the room or working areas.
32. It is not the company’s responsibility to move these items to start work, this includes contents of lofts.
33. The working area must be clear and no members of the household to hinder or obstruct the progress of the work. We ask that until the work is complete all children / family members etc. to keep clear of the working area for safety reasons.
34. Discount codes cannot be used with other discount codes. The highest discount will always be applied where 2 or more discounts are available. This includes the 10% discount with our referral program if there is a higher discount available.
35. If you are a customer, and you have recommended a friend, neighbour or family member you are entitled to £30. This is paid to your bank within 7 to 10 working days on the completion of your friends, neighbours or family members work. Payment is not made before the installation is complete. The payment is made directly into your bank account so you will have to give your bank account details to our accounts department.
36. We do not store credit card details, personal information, nor do we share or sell customer information with any 3rd parties. We conform to GDPR regulations within our industry.
37. Information we take via our enquiry forms on our website or direct telephone enquiries are strictly for the purpose of establishing the customer’s requirement and to help with the customers enquiry. Information will remain on our customer database for future communication to assist with guarantees or other requirements.
38. To cancel an installation/order please contact our office on 01254 370073 or write to us using the address on top of this document.
39. Any deposits received where goods have already been ordered/purchased/delivered to the company prior to work commencing cannot be refunded.
40. Refunds are within 7 working days of cancellation notice.
41. UK LOFT BOARDING LTD reserve the right to refuse service to anyone at our discretion for any reason. Where that does not conflict with any anti-discrimination Laws
42. If you are a customer, and you have recommended a friend, neighbour or family member you are entitled to £30. This is paid to your bank within 7 to 10 working days on the completion of your friends, neighbours or family members work. Payment is not made before the installation is complete. The payment is made directly into your bank account so you will have to give your bank account details to our account department.
UK LOFT BOARDING LTD, Vat Registration No. 202 3525 60 - Company Registration No. 09990655, Registered in England Local Authority Membership No. STMNO8UNIT/1